Final Presentation: Women

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A. Sherman Way of Life: Theatre and Film

I chose to look at Adam's presentation about the arts because I have always been interested in plays as well as movies, and I thought that it would be interesting to see the ways in which it has shaped society today. One interesting fact that I learned from this presentation was the idea that the arts allow people to have a further understanding of different cultures around the world. I find this idea to be very important because in this day and age, many people tend to focus on technology and materialistic items. In this age of urbanization, I believe that it is important for people to not forget the importance of different cultures and diversity in our world today.
Many people believe that celebrities' lives are very easy, but in reality, this statement is completely false. From this presentation, I was truly able to realize that celebrities are not only forced to face everyday problems, but they are also forced to face the media and the false assumptions made about them. I believe that celebrities do not have very much privacy in their lives and that when they make a mistake, the public is informed. To me, privacy is very important and I cannot imagine having the media follow my every move!
I feel as though the entertainment business gives people the right to express themselves and also make their dreams come true! When people are going through a difficult time in their life, expressing themselves in the entertainment world may be the only way for them to overcome these difficulties. Also, I think that the entertainment business gives people the opportunity to have their opinions and thoughts heard by the rest of the world. In today's society, I believe that entertainment plays a crucial role in many people's lives!

0 comments:

Post a Comment